Housing benefit

If you are on a low income, you can receive housing benefit (boligstøtte) from the municipality to help pay your rent. Your housing benefit is adjusted to the size of your rent, the size of your home, and the income and size of your household.

Housing loan (boliglån)

Besides housing benefit, you can also apply for a loan to cover your deposit, when moving into a new home, if the expenses are too high for you. It is also your local municipality that offers the possibility of applying for a housing loan.

How do I apply?

To apply for housing benefit or a housing loan, you must fill out a form and provide information about your income and your household. Contact your local municipality to get more information about how to apply.